Sadat Academy for Management sciences (SAMS) is dated back to 1954 when the Public Administration Institute was established, followed by the National Institute for Management Development (NIMD) in 1961 and the Local Administration Institute in 1967. In 1971, the institutes merged into one autonomous institution called: the National Institute for Management Development (NIMD).
SAMS came into being in February 1981 in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 127 of 1981, and was re-structured in compliance with Presidential Decree No. 3 of 2004 to emerge as a public authority and body corporate, having a scientific and cultural nature. As a governmental educational institution and a leading professional institution subject to Law No. 29 of 1973 on Egyptian Universities Regulation, SAMS stands on equal footing with other Egyptian universities with regard to authority, and obligations.
SAMS’ central mission is to enhance the profession of management by advancing the study of management and enriching the professional development of its students and clients. It is also committed to shaping the future of managerial research and development. SAMS is mainly engaged in education, consultancy, training, and research.